We love the court as much as you and encourage everyone to have a fun time. Before having fun under the sun, please make sure to view the tennis court rules to keep everyone safe and happy.
NBIA Tennis Rules
- All NBIA members in good standing may become tennis members.
NBIA Association, Inc. Bylaws IV – Membership: Section 1: There shall be two classes of membership in the NBIA: Class A and Class B.
- Class A: Owner: Owner, single or family memberships shall be limited to owners of property lying within the defined geographic limits (See complete set of bylaws).
- Class B: Associate Membership which shall be limited to owners of property lying in the area immediately adjacent to the northern boundary of Normandy Beach and known as Deauville Beach, but only as far north as Neptune Court (both sides).
- All tennis members are responsible for paying an annual tennis court use fee of $150. Tennis badges (four) and the gate lock code will be furnished to tennis members on badge pick-up days, or may be picked up at the Bay Beach House during normal office hours.
- Non-tennis NBIA members may purchase court time on an “as available” basis at the rate of $25.00 per hour.
- Tenants of NBIA dues paying members may purchase a tennis membership at the rate of $125 per month or $200 for the season upon receipt of a copy of the lease. Lease information can be obtained from local real estate offices.
- Hourly court time and tenant memberships must be purchased at the Bay Beach House office between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm. Availability of courts will be determined by sign-up sheets posted by the courts on the bulletin board.
- WEATHER RELATED COURT CLOSING DECISIONS WILL BE DETERMINED BY DESIGNATED MAINTENANCE STAFF. Their decision is final. A “COURTS CLOSED” sign will be posted by 8:00 am. Courts will re-open at the earliest time dictated by the maintenance staff.
- COURTS ARE WATERED DAILY FROM 12 NOON TO 1 PM.
- Use of courts is restricted to NBIA tennis members, (Rule 2.b) NBIA non-tennis members, (Rule 2.b) certain tenants (Rule 2.b) and NBIA non-resident family members and house guests.
- As a courtesy to the next players, please brush the lines, if necessary, when play is completed.
- Badges must be available for every player at all times and are not transferable. The annual list of tennis members will be posted on the court bulletin board.
- Tennis members MAY invite guests WHO ARE NOT NORMANDY BEACH RESIDENTS OR WHO ARE HOUSE GUESTS.
- Children under 12 MUST be accompanied by an adult and the gates locked by an adult at the end of play. Children under 8 must be supervised at ALL TIMES.
- Appropriate tennis attire is requested at all times. Shoes suitable to HAR-TRU are required. (low tread) No running shoes, cleats, black-soled sneakers. No bathing suits.
- Courts are open daily from 8 am until 8 pm, weather permitting.
- SUMMER CAMP will have use of the courts between 1 pm and 3 pm for the duration of the camp.
- Women’s : Tuesdays from 9:30 am to 11 am.
- Men's / Mixed : Saturdays from 8 am to 11 am and Sundays from 8 am to 12 noon.
RESERVATIONS : NBIA TENNIS MEMBERS ONLY
- SIGN UPS begin Monday, June 25th.
DRAW RULES :
- Monday and Friday draws are held at the Bay Beach House at 9:30 am. Monday draw is for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday playing times. Friday draw is for Saturday, Sunday and Monday playing times.
- Tennis members must call the Bay Beach House office (732-375-6098) to reserve all times no later than 9:00 am Friday for the Friday draw and 9:00 am on Monday for the Monday draw. Please indicate at this time a second choice of time in case your requested time is unavailable.
- Names will be placed on a list and will be randomly drawn by the office staff for all members on the list for reservations.
- One draw equals one court time. If additional court times are requested, then the badge is to go into the draw again only after every badge has been drawn and a court reservation given.
- Members are welcome to be present at the 9:30 am draw times.
Players with reservations must arrive promptly. After 10 minutes the court will be considered available.
- Remember to cross off any reservation you ARE NOT USING. This is a courtesy to others as we grow the membership. Repeated failure to cross off reservation list may result in ineligibility for draw.
- ALL COURTS MUST BE LOCKED WHEN UNOCCUPIED.
- Please do not leave any gates unlocked unless the next players arrive.
- Combination locks have been installed on the courts. Codes for the locks will be included in the tennis badge package. Unauthorized use of the code will necessitate a code change. Combination code can be obtained from Bay Beach House office staff upon presentation of your tennis badge.
- As a responsible tennis member, please help to follow the rules, especially regarding security of the courts. NO tennis member should hesitate to ask to see a badge.
- PLEASE NOTIFY THE NBIA OFFICE STAFF OF BROKEN SPRINKLER HEADS OR OTHER MAINTENANCE ISSUES.
COURTS CLOSE IN LATE SEPTEMBER.
NBIA Contact Info
P. (732) 375-6231 (in season only)